Yes. We use blister cards. Blister cards, in conjunction with an automatic monthly exchange, are staples of PDC Pharmacy Service.
A few notes on Blister Cards:
- We are familiar with all types of blister cards; but, by far, the most popular is a 28-Day Countdown Card. If you are using a different card, simply let us know.
- We can use “oversized” cards that allow the full dose to be placed in a single blister punch for easier medication administration
- If a medication prescription has multiple administration times, each time pass (8am; 12pm or 8pm) receives a separate card for more efficient medication administration and medication error reduction.
- We use “time pass” stickers in conjunction with blister cards to better inform direct care or nursing staff of important medication information (e.g. take with food; morning card; may cause drowsiness).
Blister Cards - Specialized Services
As part of our service offering, specialized packaging is available for day programming support and therapeutic leave. There is no additional charge for these requested services.
- If an individual attends a day program, we can separate their medications into two cards (called a “Split Card”). One card could then be routed to the Day Program, while the second card is delivered to the group home or other residential setting.
- If an individual regularly goes home with family or respite provider, a separate blister pack or vial can be provided for these short term therapeutic leave days.
If you would like to speak with a sales representative to discuss packaging or simply learn more about our comprehensive service offering click here.