PDC Pharmacy has implemented, and practices internal cost efficiencies and is able to pass these savings on to our customers. We accept all major insurances and offer competitive pricing for Medicare Part A patients with generic medication pricing based on acquisition costs, rather than the Average Wholesale Price (AWP). Billing coverage checks are always completed prior to delivery. We ensure that patient bills are directed to the correct guarantor i.e. Acute (Med A), Hospice and/or Long Term (Med D). Our Billing Department will work with the provider/rep payee and insurance companies until any issue is resolved, and make alternative medication recommendations, as needed.
The PDC Pharmacy Promise: If a medication is not covered, and we fail to notify you prior to delivery, it’s on PDC Pharmacy!
Billing Case Study – Description
- Mary K. was “dropped” from her insurance.
- One of her medications was Abilify and a single tablet alone would have cost $18.96 out of pocket.
- Great Oak Pharmacy was able to work with Mary’s provider and her insurance was reinstated prior to her medications being sent out.
Billing Case Study – Result
- Mary’s monthly medications:
- Abilify $568.68 ($18.96/day)
- Geodon $517.67 ($17.26/day)
- Provigil $757.52 ($25.25/day)
- Bringing the monthly total to $1,843.87 or a daily charge of $61.46.
- Represents a potential savings over $1,800!
Contact us today to learn more about how our services can benefit you!